On Lake Texoma
Here’s this weekends activity, have fun, eat hardy, and fly safe!
1. 1/24 – WACO EAA CHAPTER 59 -LUNCH BUNCH EVERY THURSDAY, McGREGOR, TX
Join us at the hangar every Thursday at 11:45 for our famous “Lunch Bunch” gathering. The menu varies from week to week, and good times and good company are guaranteed!
at McGregor Executive Airport, 27474 W. Highway 84 McGregor, TX. — KPWG
We now have self-serve in Waco, at Waco Flying Service. Our 100LL and Jet-A are both at $4.97 per gallon, and we offer free overnight hangaring with top-offs. Folks can learn more about us at http://www.fly254.com or at http://www.airnav.com/airport/KACT/WACO_FLYING_SVC. We fly light GA airplanes, and so we cater to light GA airplanes!
2. 1/26 – Frederick, OK. WWII Airborne Demonstration Team’s Open Hangar Day! (Website). Frederick OK Airport. (KFDR), Jump into History with the WWII Airborne Demonstration Team’s Open Hangar Day! To culminate the WWII Airborne Demonstration Team’s Winter 2013 Jump School, the Team will be hosting an Open Hangar Day on January 26th, 2013, 8:00 am-3:00pm in Frederick OK. Open Hangar Day will be held at the historic Frederick Army Airfield section of the Frederick Municipal Airport, southeast of Frederick, Oklahoma. The event is free and open to the public. The World War II Airborne Demonstration Team extends a special invitation to all veterans of World War II to attend. In addition to 1940’s style military parachute jump demonstrations, historic military displays and vehicles, drinks and snacks will be available in the heated 1940s era “mess hall”. The Demonstration jumps are planned for the beginning of the day, before winds increase plan to be on site by 8am. The Drop Zone is located south of Frederick and west of the airport. Throughout the day, military displays and memorabilia will be presented by the members of the WWII Airborne Demonstration Team. Historic military vehicles will also be on display, and rides in an authentic WWII jeep will be offered for a small donation. In addition, instructors and students from the winter jump school will be on-hand to show off their equipment and answer questions about the Team. Also, staff from the U.S. Army Artillery Museum from Fort Sill will be exhibiting their WWII Jeep, and will have their 75mm-howitzer set up to fire blanks, along with other exhibits. For those attending, you may also wish to take part in the Airborne Experience. For special Membership fee, you will be able to ride in our C-47 while it is ping paratroopers. Please contact Sharon Bennett at 580-305-2289 for more information. For added entertainment, the local Bluegrass band “Wichita Mountain Bluegrass” will be performing at 11am. For more information on all these events, including directions, contact Sharon Bennett at the Frederick Chamber of Commerce at 580-305-2289, or visit: www.frederickokchamber.org or www.wwiiadt.org. If you cannot attend this event, mark your calendars for the Summer Open Hangar and Fly in for July 27th. Below is a detailed list of activites, and a timeline. Please Note that Times may Change Depending on Wind conditions. 6:30 am Gear up and JMPI. 7:30 am Demonstration Jumps Location: DZ – Weather Permitting. 10:00 am Veterans Introduction and Recognition. 10:00 am – 2:00 pm Equipment and Uniform Displays in the hangar. 1:00pm Wing Pinning Ceremony. Throughout the day: Aircraft Displays, Airborne Experience Rides, Vehicle Displays/Rides, Table top equipment displays, Jump Videos, Parachute Packing and Display, Combat Equipment Display, Uniform Equipment Display. Meet WWII Airborne paratroopers and veterans Names will be added as they become available. Bobby Hunter, D Co, 501st PIR, 101st ABN Div. Leon “Jed” Jedziniak, A Co, 501st PIR, 101st ABN Div. Mel Pliner, 82nd Squadron, 436th Troop Carrier Group. Paul Wilson, 193rd Glider Infantry Regiment, 17th Airborne Division. Warren Wilt, H Co, 508th PIR, 82nd ABN Div. George Koskimaki Signal Co, 101st ABN. Duane Harvey HQ/1 501st, 101st ABN. Robert Reynolds HQ 501st, 101st ABN. Don Ginter 377th PFAB, 101st ABN. Wesley Oakley, 1st ID, 101st ABN, OSS/CIA/HLD. Gene Gilbreath 2nd Bn HQ Co. 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne Division. Contact: Sharon Bennett 5803352289,
3. 1/26 – Last Saturday -Claremore, OK – Claremore Regional Airport (KGCM) Fly-in
lunch 11am-1pm last Saturday of each month. Normally menu is hamburgers
and hotdogs and occasionally hot links or brats. Donations requested
to keep the monthly fly-in supported. Everybody is welcome, fly in or drive.
The only time we cancel is when the weather is too bad to drive in or if it
falls on a holiday. Call the airport for more info 918-343-0931.
4. 1/26 – Granbury Pancake Breakfast and WINGS Seminar
Event Location: Granbury, TX
Event Date: June 23, 2012
Contact Name: John Roberts
Additional Comments: Granbury Municipal Airport (KGDJ) – 4th Saturday Fly-In / Drive-In Pancake Breakfast (0800-1000) and a WINGS Seminar (0900-1100). The City of Granbury invites you and friends to spend a beautiful morning at the airport and to enjoy the camaraderie of others who share your passion for all things aviation. Enjoy pancakes, sausage, juice and coffee. Stay for the WINGS seminar and get credit towards your next Flight Review.
5. 1/26 – Every Saturday – Bailes Field – Angleton Tx. – 7R9 – coffee and donuts
Great bunch of people and all fliers and friends are invited . Wade Jones email@example.com