Around Texas Air Events By Jack Stanton
Got some good rains over the past few days in Texas and Oklahoma and we really needed it and this weekend looks like good flying weather. Check out these destinations!
1. 1/10/13 – WACO EAA CHAPTER 59 -LUNCH BUNCH EVERY THURSDAY, McGREGOR, TX
Join us at the hangar every Thursday at 11:45 for our famous “Lunch Bunch” gathering. The menu varies from week to week, and good times and good company are guaranteed!
at McGregor Executive Airport, 27474 W. Highway 84 McGregor, TX. — KPWG.
2. 1/12 – The Oklahoma Pilots Association plans a fly away to Cafe Garcia in Enid, OK. Please feel free to join them.
3. 1/12 – Second Saturday – Don’t forget Ardmore’s monthly pancake breakfast this Saturday, 8:00 to 10:00, hosted by Bill & Terri Holbrook of Lakeland Aviation. Large white hangar northwest of control tower. (Always the second Saturday of the month.) Bill cooks delicious pancakes, the bacon and sausage are great too.
Ardmore Tower: 118.5
Ardmore Ground: 121.8
Elevation: 762 ft.
Runways: l7/35 (5,000 x 100) 13/31 (7,220 x 150)
Traffic Pattern: Left all runways
AWOS: (11 nm SW) 118.15 (AWOS phone) 580-389-5078
Distance: About 80nm from OKC
Calling before you go: 580-389-5000
4. 1/12 – Every Saturday – Bailes Field – Angleton Tx. – 7R9 – coffee and donuts
Great bunch of people and all fliers and friends are invited . Wade Jones email@example.com
5. 1/13 — Second Sunday – Bulverde, TX. Bulverde Airpark (1T8). Anderson Aviation Lunch Fly-In.
Join Anderson Aviation at Bulverde Airpark on January 13th at Noon for our monthly lunch fly-in. Food and Refreshments will be provided. Fly-In or Drive-In for a time to gather with other pilots from the area. See You There! Contact Thomas Anderson, (830)438-4359. Email Event ID: 19398